Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-Day



Sheesh, there's so much pressure in this one day. I have mixed feelings about the whole darn thing. Am I for or against? It seems that those all lovey dovey are for the day. The disgruntled hard up on love folks seem most bitter. I suppose I'm somewhere between the two. Romantic at heart and yet my love is far away. Days like this are just a painful reminder of distance. I did wake up to this heart shaped box of chocolates hanging on my door. Ok, it was from the folks in the office of the apartment where I live, but still it was nice! Reminded me of grade school when everyone would exchange funny little cards, saving the really special ones for that one true love :)

I feel dorky.

Yes, yes! Love Love!

Beck - I Think I'm In Love
Old 97's - Valentine
Ryan Adams - Hey Mrs. Lovely
The Beatles - I Will
John Lennon - Real Love

Oh frick! The Antis!

Ryan Adams - Harder Now That It's Over
The Appleseed Cat - Fight Song
Beck - Guess I'm Doing Fine
Octoberman - Shit Just Falls Apart
Orillia Opry - I Lied

3 comments:

Hummingbird said...

I've maybe had too much valentine wine...

Anonymous said...

I'm actually very anti valentines day. It turns into the forced day where you 'have to' do something special... which doesn't make it special at all. I discussed it with my new lady friend, and she agreed that it was kind of goofy and we are going to have a 'NOT VALENTINES' valentines day dinner.

I did however draw her the pic, and had it put on her wallpaper before she got to work. It was my token effort so she wasn't completely without on the 'special day'. :-) Potentially the geekiest thing I have ever done. hehehe

Hummingbird said...

I hate the forced feeling of having to do something special too. And also that people have to pretend to be romeo for the day. I think what you did was very sweet. You incorporated something that was very you and made her feel special, which is not geeky at all!