Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Am Legend



So I saw I am Legend yesterday and although I found it entertaining, there were some disappointments. It's always a plus to see Will Smith in more serious roles. Proof that he's come a long way since Bel Air. I think he does an amazing job considering that he is the sole actor throughout much of the movie.

The biggest disappointment is with the infected humans, who look more like rabid alien zombies. Unfortunately, I think something is lost in the computer generated images. They are definitely creepy and caused me to jump out of my seat on more than a few occasions, but they totally lose even the slightest hint of human qualities, which leaves me feeling unsympathetic (poor alien zombies!). I'm not even sure I care if a cure is found. Thanks to the obvious computer graphics, I suddenly feel like I'm playing an Xbox game and have an urge to gun them down. I think this was an example of computer graphics gone not so good. Still it was entertaining on a lonely Saturday afternoon.

Eurythmics - I Saved The World Today

No comments: